- They have been on earth for more than 450 million years, even before dinosaurs.
- There are approx 40 known species of the flying fish
- There are a few fish that fish swim backwards.
- Stingrays use electric sensors to find food.
- Flying fish are attracted to light. and thist allows fishermen to catch them easily.
- Go to the website for more fishy facts!
Pembrokeshire Fish Week is a seriously fishy week and is now surely one of the best fish festivals in the whole of the UK!
You can ask to be sent a copy of the latest brochure!
There is loads to do that week and visitors will love to travel round the county sampling the delights of locally caught fish. Join in the celebrations taking place all over the county that week – visit the website for more details. From Fishguard to Pembroke, Milford to Dale, from Haverfordwest to Little Haven, from St David’s to Newport or Freshwater West, from Cardigan to Broad Haven – there are so many events going on you will be spoilt for choice!
Here is a sample of some interesting fishy facts!