Things to do with kids age 5 – 12
Children love spending time in the woods at Old Oak Barn because the Log Cabin and BBQ area has 2 swings which provide hours of fun but if you are going out for the day there is lots to do too. Here we list just a few of our favourite ideas.
- Visit Pembroke Castle in Pembroke itself and kids will be able to get a real understanding of what a castle was really like as they walk around its turrets and ramparts then when you are done pop into the nearby museum and do some brass rubbings.
- Call in at The Creative Cafe in Narberth and make something special to take home with you!
- Go 10 Pin Bowling in Carmarthen just 15 minutes away.
- Go to Oakwood Theme Park for a big day out! or go in the late afternoon to see the fireworks in the summer.
- Take the little boat from Tenby to the magical island of Caldey and on your way home do a spot of makerel fishing.
- Visit the farmers market in Whitland or Carmarthen to see some animals being sold. Check times before going!
- Go swimming in the sea OR the local pool in Carmarthen.
- Go to the lovely playground in Meidrim. See link in Under 5s section.
- Go to Heatherton for a spot of gocarting.
- Pop down to Laugharne to see The Tin Shed museum about WW2.
- Go cycling at Pembrey with your parents – you can hire bikes for the day.
- Go horse riding at Marros
The list is endless – there are lots of other places to visit including many castles, a steam railway, a Toy Museuem and of course the beautiful beaches.