- Undersheets and pillow slips are washed between every visitor.
- All cutlery is washed between visitors on an intensive 3 hour wash and we ask our visitors to do the same during the week.
- All bedlinen is washed on 60 degrees – I have no tumble drier and dry on the line in fresh air.
- All surfaces likely to be touched are washed twice, once with soapy water and once with disinfectant.
- Fridge is thoroughly cleaned with sanitising wipes.
- Children’s toys have been put away for now.
- The mud kitchen in the woods remains available for play.
- I have ditched eco cleaning products and gone back to anti bacterial fluids.
- Check in time has been put back to 4.30pm to ensure enough time to clean between guests.
- I have recruited another adult to help with Friday changeovers!
- I have created my own deep cleaning checklist.
Corona Virus (Covid 19) is changing the way everyone lives.
Old Oak Barn has up until today been open for business. However while many businesses are technically still operating within the current government guidelines we feel the time has come to temporarily close the cottage. It is hard to practise social distancing and cut contact with others and avoid travel if it’s “non-essential” and remain open in these uncertain times.
We have reviewed our terms and conditions and made them even more favourable to visitors. From today 20 March all cancellations for those who have booked and just paid the £100 deposit will get a 50% refund ie £50 as per our t and c which were sent out at time of booking regardless of us being unable to rebook the week.
For all those who wish to stay at another time the full amount will be held for you to replan further dates. We will in other words be happy for you to reschedule your holiday. If you choose a cheaper week we will refund the difference.
If you have travel insurance which covers you please let us know.
With regret we have decided to close until 10 July. This is in order for us to ensure your safety. It may be that we have to close for longer.
We hope visitors will not be too disappointed but will understand that even though the government allows free travel within the UK for those who deem it necessary it is debatable how a holiday here at Old Oak Barn is 100% necessary.
However, should any key worker require accommodation in the short term please enquire.
In response to growing concerns I felt I should tell our visitors what I am doing to keep Old Oak Barn as safe as I can.
Our visitors constantly tell us that the barn is kept spotless and I have always paid a lot of attention to ensuring every corner is clean. However I have now introduced even more stringent cleaning between visitors. The list below includes the measures I am now following.
Read some of the latest information from Wales here
It may be that your travel insurance covers you for a full refund – if not and you need to discuss your planned holiday please get in touch. Our T and C have already been sent to every visitor but if there is any way we can be even more helpful we will do so. We would always wish to be fair to everyone who has booked with us.
Thank you to visitors who have already been in touch saying they wish to continue with their planned holiday – that they are relieved they have not booked a foreign break – that they are reassured by my actions – and that they feel as safe here as anywhere. Infact the isolation we potentially offer here may be seen by some as a big bonus.