- Under sheets and pillow slips are washed between every visitor.
- All cutlery is washed between visitors on an intensive 3 hour wash and we ask our visitors to do the same during the week.
- All bedlinen is washed on 60 degrees – I have no tumble drier and dry on the line in fresh air.
- All surfaces likely to be touched are washed twice, once with soapy water and once with disinfectant.
- Fridge is thoroughly cleaned with sanitising wipes.
- Children’s toys have been put away for now.
- The mud kitchen in the woods remains available for play.
- I have ditched eco cleaning products and gone back to anti bacterial fluids.
- Check in time has been put back to 4.30pm to ensure enough time to clean between guests.
- I have recruited another adult to help with Friday changeovers!
- I have created my own deep cleaning checklist.
In response to growing concerns I felt I should tell our visitors what I am doing to keep Old Oak Barn as safe as I can.
Our visitors constantly tell us that the barn is kept spotless and I have always paid a lot of attention to ensuring every corner is clean. However I have now introduced even more stringent cleaning between visitors. The list below includes the measures I am now following.
Read some of the latest information from Wales here
It may be that your travel insurance covers you for a full refund – if not and you need to discuss your planned holiday please get in touch. Our T and C have already been sent to every visitor but if there is any way we can be even more helpful we will do so. We would always wish to be fair to everyone who has booked with us.
Thank you to visitors who have already been in touch saying they wish to continue with their planned holiday – that they are relieved they have not booked a foreign break – that they are reassured by my actions – and that they feel as safe here as anywhere. Infact the isolation we potentially offer here may be seen by some as a big bonus.